Sunshine Award 2015
Ya! It is with great honor and heartfelt mood that The Sunshine Award moment has arrived! Have a seat, please, something tells me it’s going to be lengthy, or not? I can’t possibly tell for sure, but my bombarding fingers want to jackhammer my keyboard so much that everything points towards the lengthy direction! Proceed at your own risk, always with caution!
The first ray of sunshine trespassed the clouds a week ago and it was snow chingu the one to deliver the message! It’s a great honor and i am deeply thankful for this award opportunity, make sure you check her wonderful blog if you don’t want to receive punishment standing at the drama corner in the renowned South Korean drama stasis! After she reads the answers to her questions i hope her internet connection will have a powerful comeback that will help her spread her blog-wings anew, without fear, but full of passion!
The second ray of sunshine was filtered a few days ago through lemonmirae chingu’s prism and for one more time it is a great honor to be a part of her nominees, thanks a lot chingu! She’s a drama chaser and as all of you know the drama hunting season never stops, any time of the year is drama-friendly and drama addicts like us always crave for more. If you haven’t paid her a visit, make sure to do so and if you already have, pass by again, she will greet you with her recapping waves! Dive!
Okay, every award has its own rules, rules than can be broken; hell yeah! I will present the original rules and time shall tell whether i will stick to them or not, but for the most part of it i can promise i will fulfill my duty. Here they are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
- Your favourite TV series other than Asian.
The one and only X-Files, it’s the planet of all suspense, mystery, intrigue and conspiracy!
- Your favourite actors/actresses: Korean and Non-Korean.
Haha! The non-Korean aspect will flow in Japanese, Chinese, etc waters, i guess i am kind of evil! My favorite actresses have to be Song Hye Kyo, Jeon Ji Hyeon, Jeon Do Yeon, Ueto Aya, Jang Na Ra and Lee Da Hae. I worship them equally for different reasons and they will always hold a special place in my heart. Remember, women i worship never age! As for my favorite actors i will stick to Jo In Sung, So Ji Sub, Jang Hyuk, Lee Joon and Leung Tony, among others.
- The best smell in the world is…….
The scent of utter decay! Just kidding, hm, the scent of good old wine! We should ask Cho Rim this question, i guess she has the absolute answer!
- Most inspiring quote from a movie.
It’s not from a movie, but from a drama i deeply treasured:
“Insects are said to lack the sense of pain. Organisms experience pain so they can deflect danger and lengthen their lives. But insects live such a short life, they don’t need pain. That’s one theory. When we’re sad and hurt it’s because humans were given such long lives. That’s what i think.” [Hirugao]
- Is chemistry all about skinship and kissing?
Chemistry isn’t all about skinship and kissing, but they are essential factors of another sub-level of affection and intensity. In one hand chemistry can’t always stand in the platonic side of life. On the other hand, skinship and kissing can’t hold together something whose deeper pulse doesn’t pound with chemistry. They are the two sides of the same coin and a coin always has two sides; i love this coin.
- Ballad. Yay or nay? Why?
Yay if it’s a melancholic and inspired one and has all the necessary sound, soul and heart ingredients to appeal to my filled with music ears!
Nay if it’s one of the many inside an amorphous sea.
- Are you into Kpop? If yes, then your favourite group/artist. If no, any other favourite band or singer.
I am and i am not. I mainly enjoy late 70s and 80s South Korean music and Cho Yong Pil is the ultimate South Korean figure. However, i like the 90s first wave of k-pop up to nowadays and i like many songs from many bands. Of course i have fallen in love with many female idols, but i’m either searching for melancholic ballads with all the aforementioned characteristics or swag compositions that have the potential to turn me into a party-monkey; because i like to party. The hip hop (not the generic rap essence of whatever) part is always important. Tiger JK, MFBTY, S.E.S., T-ara, EXID, Seo Taiji and the Boys, Bigbang, Standing Egg, Jaurim and Epik High are bands and/or artists i highly enjoy for various reasons.
It’s all about the groove!
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
At this very moment, Lee Sung Kyung, she’s one of the most beautiful young ladies currently giving a different meaning to the process of breathing. A Miranda Kerr essence is apparent, but she’s astonishing on her own.
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
I wouldn’t say i would like to be famous, but fame always goes hand in hand with money. Money doesn’t bring happiness, but things that would make you happy require money. After this chain of thoughts, if i had to be famous for one reason i would like to be as a writer so that i would be able to live in South Korea and pay visits to Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, etc. A big part of my dreams are always related to the far east!
- Name three things about yourself.
1) “Migratory birds follow the wind to fly home.”
2) “An ocean follows the waves to get to the horizon.”
3) “Stars follow the moon to get to dawn.”
“I was thinking of following the blue sky and go to the Milky Way.” [Mr. Back]
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
Quality or ability, huh? Now that’s an ethical dilemma, can i do a combination? An ability with the insight to use it with quality maybe? The ability to teleport myself and i would dive in oceans of quality, a quality overdose in the far east, starting from South Korea!
- What do you value most in a friendship?
Trust, because it breaks faster than glass. If it doesn’t break, it means the bond is strong.
- What is your most treasured memory?
“All memories are traces of tears.” 
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
I would tell it to shut up because it would spoil the magic! Oh well, what magic… Anyway, even though it would be convenient to know everything beforehand, under circumstances it would be overburdening and/or boring. About myself, i would like to know myself more, but it’s something i have to discuss with myself, not the crystal ball, it’s always better staring at the mirror, even if it’s hard sometimes. However, about the future, i would like to know if i will ever have the chance to land on South Korean soil! Neither when nor for for how long, just this yes or no to this “if” factor that torments gently my dreams!
It feels like the time has arrived to present my questions, but they won’t be as many as my nominations:
- Which drama bloggers you would like to meet in real life and why?
- Do you like traveling? Which place has left the greatest impact on you and you would like to visit again?
- Which is the movie that has scarred you gently for life?
- Have you ever converted a person into a drama addict from point zero?
- Which is the currently airing drama you’re enjoying the most? Describe it in 5 words.
- Which drama figure you would like to be real in order to meet him/her and why?
- Do you have the same visual fetish with South Korean graves with great view presented in dramas as me? Yes or not and why?
- Which is the album, song and/or artist (whether it’s k-pop or not) that has recently captured your attention?
- Which is your favorite SLS figure and why?
- If you could do anything, just anything at this very moment, what would you do?
- Have you ever thought of an ultra weird scenario you would like to see in a drama at some point?
I know i nominated many people, but i can’t do otherwise, i couldn’t choose between all of you wonderful people and even if i forgot a few, forgive me! So please accept my humble offering and answer whenever you feel like doing so and time permits it. I will present you in an AKB48 way just because, regardless of order though:
It always makes me feel like a homo erectus discovering the groove/rhythm in a prehistoric swag pandemonium.