Liebster Award (plus The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award continuation)
-Welcome to Know Kwon Channel News, anchorman Hyung greets you all, ladies and gentlemen! Our detective, drama commando and journalist Know Kwon will deliver the breaking news! Hello Kwon, where are you now? Tell us, what’s going on there?
-Kwon? What was that?
–Hyung! It wasn’t me, it’s hell on earth here! I’m stationed somewhere in Seoul, next to Gangnam Station! What you heard before was Yo Na’s screams!
-What’s going on?!
–Immense riots are expanding all over the place! The second leads have started burning chaebol cars, their major request was to finally be able to leave with the girl! The productions rejected it and the situation is out of control! Yo Na tries to make Ri On jealous and chases after any passing by first male lead! Lee Gun is standing on top of a building and keeps laughing, he says nobody can take away his snail, it’s pure lunacy i tell ya!
-How did the first leads react?!
–Some of them are heading towards the hospital to take care of their wounds and the others are trying to find a way to escape! Their mothers say they’ll bring the army if they have to, you know, drama related connections. Wait, i can see Bae Soo Bin, he’s dressed like Joker and roams around the city and…
*Yuei yuei, Perry Park here, is this a microphone, aiiiiish, i always wanted to tell the news, eeing?!*
–Know Kwon here again, Perry Park fainted but i don’t know which one will come to the surface! I’ll try to find shelter and i’ll be back as soon as possible!
So, the awards keep going on and Blue (since i answered to questions from two more Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award nominations – you are nominated for it, but feel free to answer whichever questions you want to, the ones here or the other ones, or both of them if it’s not exhausting) who has a deep affection for the endings of our beloved South Korean (and not only) dramas nominated us for Liebster Award and i’m deeply thankful for that. If you’re curious, if you weren’t now you are, about her thoughts on various endings of dramas and not only you should definitely pay her a visit and invest in the way she depicts her thoughts through her keyboard. Except for the Liebster Award part, i will reply to some more nominations when it comes to The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award from Belle who loves to rant and we love her for that and from the passionate drama duo straight from the picadrama headquarters to Kwon’s jungle. It is one more reason to be deeply thankful and i am, let’s reflect the love!
Okay, Liebster Award comes with some rules and here they are:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you – Answer the questions given by the nominator
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer – Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1) What is to you, the best drama of all times? And why?
1 Litre of Tears, because the title is a lie, it is the whole world’s water capacity gathered inside a pool within your eyes. Once the valve is open there’s no turning back. It’s probably one of the most sincere and heartfelt dramas sending shivers down your spine every single freaking second, even if you deny and pressure yourself to restrain your cheek-riverbanks from getting filled with tears, you can’t accomplish it. The acting and the overall approach was so natural it felt so real. It’s based on a real story, but the overall presentation was performed with due respect; perfectly.
2) Name three favorite actors and three favorite actresses of yours.
I went with five instead of three:
i) Song Hye Kyo, because elegance and discipline were never carved upon a face as perfectly as on her very own canvas.
ii) Jeon Ji Hyeon, because she’s simply divine.
iii) Ueto Aya, because she’s the moon incarnate.
iv) Jang Na Ra, because she’s the puppiest puppy ever. I’d piggyback her forever.
iv) Lee Da Hae, because of her crystal tears and crescent moon looking smiling eyes.
i) Jo In Sung, because he’s a master of expressing emotions and he’s my hyung, hands down or else we kick & punch like on That Winter, The Wind Blows in the way he did alongside Kim Bum.
ii) So Ji Sub, because his “i don’t give an eff” lifeless expression is disarming.
iii) Jang Hyuk, because i nearly lost my throat trying to impersonate the famous Lee Gun laugh.
iv) Lee Joon, because he might be fresh blood, but his blood is boiling and gives life to his characters.
3) Do you prefer the city or the countryside and why?
The city once my liver asks for some urban decadence, but i prefer the seaside to be more precise to lose myself while swimming and relaxing, but also rocky oriented places, because i like doing monkey thingies. We’re all so fed up with the cities, the real magic lies in the countryside, but the city devours us, call it studies, call it work, call it whatever, the industrial scenery is omnipresent. Blessed are those who live by the sea or at the countryside wherever they prefer.
4) If there was one thing you could change about your character overnight, what would it be?
A small part of my introvert character, sometimes it feels easier writing than expressing yourself in real time.
5) What is your favorite drama/movie genre?
I like melodramas, slice of life themes, romantic comedies too, but also Asian culture thrillers, war movies concerning the South Korean war, Chinese themes from the era of the Three Kingdoms and movies that hold a 40s-70s China/Hong Kong aesthetic.
6) What is the most challenging thing about blogging?
7) Finish this sentence: Life is worth living because ___________________
a green rose might fall from heaven.
8) You win 5 Million dollars, what is the first thing you buy?
I convert them automatically into ₩ and you’ll find me again in South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, China, etc. My fortress will be at Jeju island. The first thing i buy is a ticket to South Korea.
9) Share with us your top 3 pet peeves.
-When something is not funny anymore, it’s not funny anymore, so cut it off.
-When people talk about something as if they know it when they don’t know at all what they’re talking about and they insist they are right. No you ain’t, shut it.
-Repetitive curious stares. Chugulle?
10) If you knew you only had 2 days left to live, state three things you would do?
Teleportation to South Korea (i don’t want to spend so many hours on the plane), so this doesn’t count, let’s say i’m already there. I piggyback a girl i meet and we spend some awesome time together seeing as much as i can (i guess she wouldn’t say no, i’d tell her i’m about to die so she’d feel she’s playing in a drama) and in the last few hours i’d drink as much soju as i can until i pass out and death finds me somewhere in Jeju island by the shore.
11) Have you accomplished something that you’re really proud of? What is it?
It’s not really something, but expressing myself through words somehow means the world to me; and i’m proud of that.
1. Did you have a childhood nickname? If so, what’s the story behind it?
Yes i did/do… One of them is parrot, because there was a friend whom we called pelican and one day by mistake i asked another friend “where is parrot?!” and he said “he’s not a parrot, he’s a pelican! you’re the parrot from now on!” I’ll stick to that i won’t invest more!
Between the mountains and the sea; from the top of the building when i look at the north i see the sea, on the south lie the mountains. Then, it used to be a warmhearted neighborhood when i was a little kiddo and we were playing football in the streets! Last but not least, it’s an intriguing city for a few years, if one comes to study here for example, from a point and on you know where you want to go and you go to the same places according to your taste, so it gets boring from a moment and on.
Extra hot peppers from a garden and i had turned into a volcano, then we were teasing a friend to eat one and he was afraid to do so and i ate another one in front of him and i died anew.
Exercise regularly, food is too precious to be taken lightly, too many pleasures.
When it comes to me, since i love salads, i’d say traditional Greek salad with feta cheese, with one small difference since cucumber disgusts me, i prefer it anytime cucumber-less since that disgusting thing leaves its scent on tomatoes, onions, etc. But in general i’d say people would look for souvlaki/pita gyro. Souvlaki is meat pieces on skewers and pita gyro is souvlaki wrapped in some sort of a pie and you put in there tomato, onion, lettuce, tzatziki (a traditional sauce with yoghurt, cucumber, etc – i hate it) or sauce, depending on the meat you chose, pork or chicken, etc.
Reading Haruki Murakami, drinking beers or campari-orange, going mini car excursions, visiting islands, etc.
7. If you could go back into time (say, ten years) to offer a piece of advice to the younger you, what would it be and why?
I’d wrist-grab me bromance style and i’d tell me what happened during these 10 years, then i’d return 10 years later to ask me if i followed the same course or changed something.
There was a 20 minutes walk gorge and when it was reaching an end it was opening up into the sea. Well, since i like monkey thingies, i was climbing and climbing the gorge upwards, but i hadn’t taken my glasses with me and i reached a point where it was too difficult to come down on my own, so i was receiving coordinates from a friend at the beach where to place my feet, haha! I don’t regret it, but i was kind of scared i have to admit.
A green rose to fall from heaven.
Greece and as for this space, i didn’t discover it on my own, i think you discovered us first and then your personal discovery led to my own discovery!
1. What is your least favorite drama and why?
I guess it’s First Class, i watched strictly because of Sawajiri Erika due to my endless love towards 1 Litre of Tears, it wasn’t bad, but well, its world is not for me.
2. Where is your favorite drama watching location and time?
My room, anytime!
3. Who is your favorite second lead of all time….if you ever had SLS (second lead syndrome)?
I don’t usually suffer from SLS, but the neighbor oppa from Fated to Love You and the doctor Lee Pil Mo was playing at Emergency Couple didn’t deserve to had been overran by the waves of one-sided love!
4. If you could vacation with your significant other in any place in the world, where would you guys go?
5. Do you prefer dark dysfunctional drama couples or light, romcommy “old married” couples?
Dark dysfunctional drama couples because the world is dark and dysfunctional itself!
6. What is the saddest drama scene you’ve ever watched?
It’s not a specific scene, but the ongoing drama watching threnody named 1 Litre of Tears was a volcano of tears. Some of Kang Tae Ha’s monologues in Discovery of Romance were carved with a knife as well.
7. Your favorite villain? Why?
Park. Young. Tae. In Endless Love. Because he’s a relentless villainous beast performed by the same actor as the villainous character on I Hear Your Voice, but that one is a puppy compared to Park Young Tae.
8. Which drama character’s wardrobe do you prefer?
Kang Tae Ha’s from discovery of romance performed by Eric, Jang Jae Yeol’s more hipster aesthetic by Jo In Sung and Oh Soo’s elegant clothing by Jo in Sung as well on That Winter, The Wind Blows.
9. What is your favorite drama OST?
Oh, now that’s a difficult question, but the most memorable one has to be the one from My Girl. Auditory Hallucination from Kill Me, Heal Me too, it expands itself like a mental sickness!
Now i have to think of 11 questions, huh? Okay, let’s see what this peanut brain will bring to life:
1) With Ga In’s choreography in Paradise Lost MV i think paradise was found, do you love Ga In? If not, why?! Confess your thoughts to me.
2) When you can’t think of a proper question what do you actually do? Silence is gold or silence is a burden? Or the truth lies somewhere in the middle?
3) South of the border or west of the sun?
4) How many dramas are you currently watching? And which ones?
5) Is there a comeback from the world of Asian pop that you highly expect or want to happen?
6) Did you ever feel like Yo Na? If yes, would you be able to confess your guilty feelings to me?
7) Take for example The Girl Who Sees Smells, whether you watch it or not, which weird drama ability would you like to possess?
8) Movies like 2046, In the Mood for Love and Lust, Caution are some of my favorites of all time, what do you think of them? Are you expecting The Crossing as much as i do?
9) Any idea on how recaps could take less time?
10) “Omona omona” they are doing some sort of chincha dance next to the singer, let’s join all together and form an MV. Seriously now, do you like trot music? Did you like the song?
11) Saranghaeso mianhae, saranghaeso mianhae! Did you enjoy the song? But apart from that, did you catch yourself secretly singing along?
Well, here are my 17 instead of 11 nominations because i wanted to be a bit swag, some of you must have more than 200 followers, so i nominated you anyway because i can and because i want to. So here you are:
Answer whenever time is gentle upon your drama shoulders!